Saturday, February 3, 2007

My First Blog Post

Welcome to my blog! It's taken me a little time to get this thing started, because I just didn't know what direction to take. After much thought, I've decided to write about my education and experiences regarding Business Process Management (BPM). Recently, I took part in a perspective-changing training by Business Process Management Group (BPMG). Although, I was expecting the training to concentrate on topics like process modeling, BPM Suites, and standards, the discussion was heavily focused on how to meet the needs of the customer. They called it an "outside-in" approach. From their perspective (and now mine) the premise of BPM is that all procesess, systems, roles, and strategies of an organization must be aligned with customers' expectations. WOW! My goal for this blog is to take this premise and explore its implications. I plan to focus heavily on the notion of a "Successful Customer Outcomes" and my experiences of implementing BPM projects. I look forward to the discussion that this blog triggers and hope that we all can learn a little bit about increasing our companies' abilities to meet the expectations of our customers...